Do you ever feel like no matter what you do or what time you get up in the morning, you can’t seem to get your act together? It feels like we are playing that old game show “Beat the Clock”! Now that school is starting back up it is important to start establishing your morning routines.
- Track your morning habits. Gauge how long it takes you to do each morning task.
- Be sure to allow a few extra minutes for unexpected events to happen. (Example: spilled coffee) This will allow you to adjust your schedule and wake up time accordingly.
- Set up routines for your children. While some of the younger kids need that extra help in the morning, getting the older ones in the habit of establishing a routine with you will create less stress in the morning.
- Put all your school and work items by the front door the night before.
- Establish bathroom routines so that everyone has their chance to shower and brush their teeth.
- Get plenty of sleep the night before. This will keep you from hitting the snooze button one too many times the following morning.
If you aren’t used to morning routines running smoothly, start with one small task to start. How about making your bed? This is a very simple way to start the morning.
What are some of your morning routines that you find helpful when getting ready for the day?